Adjacent to LeBeouf Towing's home office is their fully functional shipyard, Bourg Dry Dock. Located on the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway at Mile 49, Bourg Dry Dock consists of two facilities . Both located on the south side of the Intracoastal Waterway , the New Construction facility sits on approximately 45 acres while the Repair Facility is on approximately 100 acres.
Bourg Dry Dock is capable of drydocking, gas freeing, treating water used in cleaning, and repairing LeBeouf's barges as well as other customers. The construction and repair capabilities include towboats, all types of barges including oil barges, tugs, supply boats, casino boats and military vessels.
The shipyard is equipped with a full service machine shop, electrical and carpentry shop, complete panel line including an automated cutting table, pipe shop and several fabrication shops. In addition, there is a side launch system and roll on dry dock area for launching.
The Repair Facility has two dry docks; one 5000 ton dock and one 1500 ton dock, a 400' x 150' graving dock and a barge fleeting area. Also, a newly constructed warehouse is connected to a bulkheaded area for efficient top side repairs and outfitting.
Directions to Bourg Dry Dock from New Orleans and Lafayette:
- From US Hwy. 90 traveling east or west, take LA-182 exit (exit 210) Houma
- Turn left onto LA Hwy. 182 toward Houma
- Travel approximately 4 miles to the first red light and turn left onto HWY. 3087
- Travel approximately 3 miles to first red light (Hwy. 316) turn left onto 316
- Travel approximately 5 miles and on the left before the intracoastal waterway is Bayou Blue Docks which is the repair facility. Continue on Hwy 316 crossing the intracoastal and Bourg Dry Dock is on the left.
To view a map of the Bourg Dry Dock location, please click here.